Beautiful Fushimi Inari

It is very much freezing at I dont know, about 4 to 7 degrees Celsius though as I said, I had a sigh of relief as I entered the Ryokan hostel.

The hostel was a bit small but has a very inviting atmosphere.  Just in front of the information desk, there was a luggage area where different kinds of luggages were lugged. I thought I needed to secure my laptop inside my bag before I embark on my tour.

I sat down for a while in a two-seat sofa and grabbed some cool magazines stacked under the coffee table. I noticed that I enjoy browsing through local publications when I travel, and so I did.

I was pondering whether I should follow the set of temples instructed by the helper or I should revise my schedule for the day, when I saw this tall tan skinned man that looks like a latino. He was obviously looking at me and I thought maybe he was traveling solo and looking for company. I just smirked and was not really feeling friendly at the time because I was tired and somewhat hungry so I just focused on my notebook schedule.

I first plotted to see the Fushimi-Inari shrine for the day. Gahd I can see the clouds go down at street level. The weather is freezing and it is a bit cloudy. Good thing the tourists who flock the sites wore bright-colored puffer jackets, and that includes me. So that made the atmosphere a bit bearable. Plus, I think my face is glowing so who would'nt want that.

I would say that I found hopping on buses in Kyoto a bit of a challenge because most of the time, the speaker is not in English so you really have to pay attention whether it is your destination already or not yet. Though when it comes to Fushimi-Inari,  there are always a crowd of tourists so basically you just have to go with the flow. The buses can be jampacked, too, so that means you could be standing up.

Just following the crowd makes sense since Fushimi-Inari is the most popular shrine in Kyoto I believe.








There were seemingly never-ending stairs. I was already complaining in my mind because my feet started to hurt. If not for the awe of the surrounding nature and the ubiquity of fox statues, known as the messengers of the gods, I could have retreated earlier. When we reached the torii gates, there was just one thing on my mind -- how could I possibly get  a solo shot?










I did not hesitate,when I heard some younger people from my back, to kindly ask them the favor of having my photo taken. I was laughing in my mind that whole time. I even told them how my pose is going to be and asked to take two shots.😁

My day just started but it feels like my goal for this trip has already been achieved with five dancing stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment